"Such as" VS "as such"

1.9分钟 1771 160wpm

"Such as" 与 “As such”的区别

Loading the player...
These two phrases, as such and such as, look similar, but in fact their meanings are very different.
这两个短语,as such和such as,看起来很相似,但是实际上,它们的含义是非常不同的。

As such has two meanings. The first is quite difficult to explain, so let's look at an example.
其中As such有两种含义。第一种很难去解释,因此让我们看一个例子。

I could say, I'm an English teacher, and because I'm an English teacher I hate to see grammar mistakes.
比如说,我是一个英语老师,而正因为我是一个英语老师,所以我讨厌看到语法错误。

Another way to say this, with the same meaning, is like this:
另外一种表达同一含义的说法是这样:

I'm an English teacher, and as an English teacher I hate to see grammar mistakes.
我是一个英语老师,所以作为一个英语老师,我讨厌看到语法错误。

However, in this sentence I'm saying the words 'an English teacher' twice. An easier way to say it is like this:
但是,在这个句子中,我说了两遍'an English teacher'。一种较为简单的表达方式是这样的:

I'm an English teacher, and as such I hate to see grammar mistakes.
我是一个英语老师,因此我讨厌看到语法错误。

In this example, we use the word such to represent the words 'an English teacher', the second time it appears.
在这个例子中,在'an English teacher'第二次出现时,我们是用的such这个单词来进行指代。

Here are some similar examples. You could say:
下面还有一些类似的例子。你可以说:

She's an athlete, and as such she has to train very hard.
她是一个运动员,因此她必须要非常刻苦的训练。

The film was a romance, and as such it had the usual happy ending.
这是一部爱情片,因此它有着通常的、幸福的结局。

We can also use as such to mean something like 'exactly' in a sentence like this:
我们还可以在一句话中,用as such来指某事很'精确',比如这样:

The shop doesn't sell books as such, but it does sell magazines and newspapers.
这家商店不卖书,但是却卖杂志和报纸。

Magazines and newspapers are similar to books, but they are not exactly books. Or:
杂志和报纸与书籍类似,但是它们准确来说并不是书籍。再比如:

He isn't American as such, but he's spent most of his life there.
他不是个美国人,但是他在那里度过了多半生。

Spending most of your life in America is similar to being American, but it isn't exactly the same as being American.
在美国度过你的多半生和成为一个美国人很接近,但是并不完全等于就是个美国人。

Such as is much easier; it has the same meaning as 'like' or 'for example' (but not exactly the same grammar, so be careful there!).
Such as相对来说就更简单了,它的含义和'like'或者'for example'差不多(但是并不是完全一致的语法知识,所以要小心!)

We use it in sentences like this:
我们会像这样在句子中使用它:

There are lots of things to see in London, such as the Tower of London, the London Eye and St. Paul's Cathedral.
伦敦有很多可以参观的地方,比如伦敦塔、伦敦眼和圣保罗大教堂。

Or: Many countries in Europe, such as France and Germany, use Euros.
再比如:欧洲许多国家,比如法国和德国,都使用欧元。
  • 时长:1.9分钟
  • 语速:160wpm
  • 来源:互联网 2017-09-14