President-Elect Donald Trump Ornament Sells Fast Online
Some people on Amazon are bashing President-elect Donald Trump's Christmas ornament. The $149 trinket is a mini version of Mr. Trump’s well known red cap, with his 'Make America Great Again' slogan. (Q1) It's made of brass and 14 karat gold.
(Q2) Mr. Trump's campaign unveiled the tree ornament in an email Wednesday, telling supporters "President-elect Trump loves Christmas and makes a point of proudly saying 'Merry Christmas' every chance he gets."
Many on Amazon began poking fun of it. One posting "this ornament has bigly potential. Yuge." Another writing "every time I try to hang it on the branch, it yells 'wrong!'"
(Q3) Despite the negative comments, the ornament is pretty popular. It sold out on Amazon within a day.
I'm Krystin Goodwin, FOX News.
1. bash v. 猛敲；猛撞；用力砸 If you bash something, you hit it hard in a rough or careless way. 例如：
· Too many golfers try to bash the ball out of sand. That spells disaster. 太多高尔夫球手都想把球从沙子里敲出来，结果可能造成灾难。
· A stand-in drummer bashes on a single snare and a pair of cymbals. 一名临时顶替的鼓手使劲敲着一根响弦和一对铙钹。
2. ornament n. （家中或花园里的）装饰物，装饰品，点缀品 An ornament is an attractive object that you display in your home or in your garden. 例如：
· a shelf containing a few photographs and ornaments 摆放着几张照片和些许装饰品的架子
· Christmas tree ornaments 圣诞树装饰物
3. trinket n. 首饰；小装饰物 A trinket is a pretty piece of jewellery or small ornament that is inexpensive. 例如：
· She sold trinkets to tourists. 她向游客出售廉价饰品。
4. slogan n. 口号；标语 A slogan is a short phrase that is easy to remember. Slogans are used in advertisements and by political parties and other organizations who want people to remember what they are saying or selling. 例如：
· They could campaign on the slogan "We'll take less of your money". 他们可能打出这样的竞选口号：“我们会让您少出钱”。
· a group of angry demonstrators shouting slogans 一群高呼口号的愤怒的示威者
5. brass n. （尤用于制作装饰品和乐器的）黄铜 Brass is a yellow-coloured metal made from copper and zinc. It is used especially for making ornaments and musical instruments.
·The instrument is beautifully made in brass. 这个仪器是用黄铜制成的，非常漂亮。
6. unveil v. 公布；推出；出台 If you unveil a plan, new product, or some other thing that has been kept secret, you introduce it to the public. 例如：
· Mr. Werner unveiled his new strategy this week. 沃纳先生本周公布了其新策略。
· Companies from across Europe are here to unveil their latest models. 全欧洲的公司都来到这里展示其最新款产品。
7. poke v. （用手指或尖物）戳，捅，杵 If you poke someone or something, you quickly push them with your finger or with a sharp object. 例如：
· Lindy poked him in the ribs. 琳迪戳了戳他的肋部。
QUESTION 1: What's the tree ornament made of?
A. Brass and 14 karat gold.
B. Brass and 7 karat gold.
C. Brass and 21 karat gold.
D. Brass and 28 karat gold.
QUESTION 2: What does the tree ornament intend to tell us?
A. Donald Trump's campaign loves Christmas.
B. Donald Trump loves Christmas.
C. Donald Trump's supporters love Christmas.
D. Hillary Clinton's supporters love Christmas.
QUESTION 3: Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the news?
A. Mr. Trump's campaign unveiled the tree ornament in an email on Thursday.
B. Mr. Trump's campaign unveiled the tree ornament on a TV show on Wednesday.
C. The ornament is pretty popular among people although there are some negative comments.
D. The tree ornament sold out on Amazon within two days.
1. A. 细节题。命题出处：It's made of brass and 14 karat gold.
2. B. 细节题。命题出处：Mr. Trump's campaign unveiled the tree ornament in an email Wednesday, telling supporters "President-elect Trump loves Christmas and makes a point of proudly saying 'Merry Christmas' every chance he gets."
3. C. 细节题。命题出处：Despite the negative comments, the ornament is pretty popular.